Jump Start Your Third Year
What is Jump Start Your 3rd Year?
The purpose of this REQUIRED meeting is to provide the Fall 2020 first year class with an opportunity to discuss academic progress to degree, career plans, intended graduation date, and personal goals during the sophomore year at UC Merced.
Completing Jump Start will allow YOU to:
- Identify resources available to help you track and sustain academic progress
- Outline your remaining semesters by developing a graduation plan
- Determine how to organize and approach your academic plan utilizing your Audit and MyDegreePath tools
What resources are available to assist me in creating my graduation plan?
- To learn more about using the Plan Builder tool on MyDegreePath, please watch the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1s-zC6Cpsk
- Pre-recorded Jump Start Your Third Year workshop video hosted by School of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities Peer Mentors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNxxVdDnmNE
If you would like to add a minor into your course planning for the graduation plan, you can find information regarding minors by visiting the UC Merced Catalog. Click on "Academic Programs” in the left column.
What is required to complete my meeting?
To learn more about what is required for the meeting, please click on your academic advising unit’s advising webpage below to learn more:
Bobcat Advising Center (for undeclared, undeclared students)
For more information on majors and minors, please view the UC Merced Catalog.