Undeclared Advising

Welcome to Undeclared Advising - we're here to help! Navigate the links below for information and services intended to support you in developing your educational plans and maximizing your UC Merced experience. Thanks for your patience as we update this website!

Walk-In Hours

Week of November 20th (Campus closed November 23rd-24th)

Peer Academic Advisors (COB2 260) - New Location, this Week Only

  • Monday: 10:00am- 4:00pm
  • Tuesday: 10:30am- 4:00pm

Staff Advisors (COB2 261)

  • Monday & Tuesday: 1:00 pm-4:00 pm

Contact An Academic Advisor


Requesting an Override

All overrides should be submitted to undeclaredadvising@ucmerced.edu two (2) days prior to your registration time. Include your name, ID#, intended major and the course in which you wish to enroll.

MAJOR Override

Undeclared students wishing to enroll in MATH 21, MATH 22, PHYS 8 or PHYS 9 must submit a request for a MAJOR override. Only student intending majors in Engineering, Applied Math, Chemistry or Physics need to enroll in these courses. See an advisor for more information.

REPEAT Override

Students who wish to enroll in a course for a second time must submit a REPEAT override. If this will be your third (or subsequent) attempt at the particular course you were trying to repeat, you will need to fill out a "Petition for 2nd or Subsequent Repeat" form, which can be found on the Registrar's website.

Time Conflicts

It is the policy of UC Merced not to simultaneously enroll students in any courses with meetings or final examinations during the same time period without the consent of both instructors. You should first try to rearrange your schedule to accommodate the conflicting courses, or choose different courses. Otherwise, in order to enroll in both courses you will need to obtain the permission of both instructors utilizing the Time Conflict Override Form.


Undeclared Advising Policies

Registration Information

Exploring Your Major